Walk-in centres are for patients with a minor injury or medical condition that is urgent but not life-threatening who are unable to get an appointment with their GP.
The walk in centre will deal with 1 problem only which needs same day treatment – for management of chronic conditions, see your GP.
The centre can:
- Give up to 1 week supply of repeat medications, with proof that you usually take that medication
- Give a prescription or advice on urgent conditions.
- Do dressings if your own GP cannot offer you an appointment
- Give an attendance note to say you saw a clinician
- Make referrals for suspected cancer
- Give you a prescription for pain relief
- Give one month’s supply of contraceptive pills if you have run out
- Prescribe Antimalarial tablets via the nurse
The service cannot refer you for blood tests, x-rays or routine hospital treatment, access your GP records, issue fit notes or offer travel advice and jabs.
The Walk in Centre closest to the surgery is:
New Cross GP Walk in Centre - Suite 3 Waldron Health Centre, Amersham Vale, SE14 6LD
Tel: 0203 049 2370
The walk in centre is open 8am-8pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
For more information on the New Cross Walk in Centre visit their website by clicking the link below:
Apapted from the New Cross walk in website